May 2015 Wrap Up

Monday 1 June 2015
Hello Book Lovers!!!

It's time for a monthly wrap up but unfortunately this last month of uni has been crazy so I haven't read that much. I also haven't managed to finish The Choice by Nicholas Sparks yet so I'm moving that to a June read.

Lets get started anyway!!!

The first book I read in May was All I Know Now by Carrie Hope Fletcher.


This was the first non fiction book I've read this year and I really enjoyed it :) Carrie really puts into perspective the importance of thinking positively and tells some of her stories from growing up, in school, work, general life etc. It makes you think about life and how you coped with growing up through childhood and the teenage life. I rated this as a 4* on Goodreads.


The second book I read in May was Shotgun Lovesongs by Nickolas Butler.


This was a beautifully written novel that shares a story of true friendship between a group of friends that have grown up together. We follow the ups and downs of them growing up, and at some points, growing apart and how they deal with this. Definitely recommended!!! I gave it 4* on Goodreads.


And the final book I read in the month of May was Missing You by Harlen Coben.


This was based around a woman who's friend sets her up on a dating site. She finds her ex on the site but soon finds out this isn't her ex. Finding out who this person is, as well as finding the disappearances of a number of people is the basis of this novel. I only gave this 3* on Goodreads as I felt at times it was a bit slow for me.


Now it's time for the award for Favourite May Read. The winner of the month is.....


Shotgun Lovesongs by Nickolas Butler!!!


I really did enjoy this book. The only reason I didn't give it 5* was because nothing major happened that shocked me and I like having that shock factor in novels.


That's it for May. I hope I can read a lot more in June, which I should be able to do as I have now finished uni for good!!!

Speak to you soon for a slightly different post but one I know you'll enjoy :)


xHannahx


No comments:

Post a Comment