Six Suspects by Vikas Swarup - Review

Tuesday 17 February 2015

Hello Book Lovers!!!

I have eventually finished Six Suspects by Vikas Swarup. I did enjoy most of the book but it was very long winded which I didn't think was needed and I'm not sure I liked the ending, it kind of annoyed me.

The novel is a murder mystery and follows the lives of 6 suspects (hence the title). We find out that each of these people end up having some sort of link to Vicky Rai, the murder victim. As well as them all having a link to Vicky Rai, some also have a link to each other which develops throughout the novel.

It is written in a way in which there are 6 sections:
Murder
Suspects
Motives
Evidence
Solution
Confession

The motives section of this book was definitely way to long winded for my liking and the chapters were huge!!! As for the other sections of the book I enjoyed reading those and I thought the introduction to the novel (The Murder Section) was well written and engaged me quickly.

The ending of the book definitely made the rest of the book seem a little pointless though which I think annoyed me the most although I did like finding out the traits of each character and their links to the murder victim. If you have read this novel then definitely leave a comment below and let me know what you thought of the ending.

I wouldn't recommend this book to anyone under the age of 16 as it covers some hard hitting topics which I don't think are suitable for younger readers. I would however recommend this book to older readers that like to get their nose stuck in a murder mystery novel. If you don't like to have to think too much when reading though, I don't think this book is for you.

Rating /5
3

Happy Reading!!!

xHannahx

No comments:

Post a Comment