June 2015 Wrap Up

Tuesday 30 June 2015
Hello Book Lovers!!!

It's that time again!!! Wrap Up time :) I can't believe how quick this year is going. It's crazy!!! But I have read 3 books and a graphic novel. I don't think that's too bad going considering I've completely revamped my room this month as well :) Two of the books I read were also over 500 pages long so I'm pretty happy with the amount I have managed to read :)


The first book I read, I actually started in May but finished in June and that was The Choice by Nicholas Sparks.


I enjoyed this book although some of the characters annoyed me. It's not my favourite Nicholas Sparks book but I did still enjoy it and gave it 4* on Goodreads :)


The second book I read was Sisterland by Curtis Sittenfeld.


I liked the relationship of the sisters in this book but I found it a bit slow paced at times. I also didn't think the earthquake was a major part like it comes across in the synposis. I did still enjoy reading this book though as I hadn't read anything like it before :) I gave it 3* on Goodreads.


The third book I read was a Graphic Novel. It was V For Vendetta by Alan Moore and David Lloyd.


I absolutely loved this story and I also love the film. I highly recommend it to older more mature readers as it isn't suitable for younger readers. I gave it 5* on Goodreads.


And the final book I read this month was A Hundred Pieces of Me by Lucy Dillon.


This book was perfect for me to read at the time of my life I'm in at the minute. If you're starting a new chapter in your life, or you just want a new start, I highly recommend this book. The writing style is beautiful and I really got attached to some of the characters. I gave this novel 4* on Goodreads.



So now it's time for the award for my Favourite June Read!!! And the winner is.....

V For Vendetta by Alan Moore and David Lloyd!!!


Like I said before, I highly recommend this to more mature readers but I believe everyone should read this at some point in their lives. It really makes you think about how Britain is run and although V is doing some terrible things, you can't hate him. You might even find yourself siding with him sometimes.


That's it for June and I will be sure to keep you updated in the month of July!!! 

Let me know in the comments what you've been enjoying reading this month and I'll speak to you all very soon :)


Happy Reading!!!


xHannahx


No comments:

Post a Comment