The Choice by Nicholas Sparks - Review

Friday 5 June 2015

Hello Again Book Lovers!!!

I have eventually finished reading The Choice by Nicholas Sparks!!! I never take this long to read a Nicholas Sparks book but with the final week of uni and then moving back home and sorting out everything at home this week I've had hardly any time to read.

This novel is about a guy named Travis who falls in love with a girl named Gabby. Gabby moves to the neighbourhood with her boyfriend Kevin. When Kevin goes away for a weekend she realises that their dog is pregnant and blames the neighbour's (Travis') dog. She goes over to Travis' house but as soon as Travis see's Gabby he instantly feels a connection with her.

Unfortunately for Travis, Gabby pays no interest in him so Travis invites her to a BBQ he is having at his house with his friends and family that weekend. Gabby isn't sure about whether she should go or not but decides in the end to go thinking, what harm can it do?

As Travis and Gabby spend more time together over the weekend, Travis feels a stronger connection to Gabby and even Gabby starts feeling something for Travis. This confuses her as she knows she loves Kevin. But what is she going to do? She can't have both men after all.

As the story unfolds, hard hitting events occur and we experience how strong love can be and how sometimes decisions have to be made even if none of the options seem reasonable.


Although I did really enjoy this book, in the first half of the novel the characters really annoyed me, especially Gabby. I found her quite selfish and I started to feel really sorry for Kevin. As well as that, I didn't think too much happened in this section of the book and sometimes it felt a little slow paced.

However in the second part of the story I began to feel a lot more attached to Travis and when horrible things happened to him, all I wanted to do was to help him figure out what was best to do. I think this second half really brought the book together nicely, although it was also heartbreaking, but I thought the two sections of the book had too much of a jump and didn't flow as well as I would have liked.

Because of the second half of this book the rating is going to be higher than it originally was but if it wasn't for this half then the story, it would have just had an average rating.


Rating /5
4


Happy Reading!!!


xHannahx

No comments:

Post a Comment