Always and Forever Lara Jean by Jenny Han - Review

Saturday 21 October 2017

Hello Book Lovers!!!

I've finally finished my first book of October and it was Always and Forever Lara Jean by Jenny Han. I really enjoyed this book and I'm glad Jenny Han decided to write another Lara Jean book after this was originally going to be a duology. As this is the third and final book in the series there will be spoilers for the previous two books so if you don't want to be spoiled then look away now!


In this chapter of the story we follow Lara Jean and Peter's relationship in their final year of high school. They are applying for colleges to begin in the new academic year and both of them have their hearts set on places they would like to go.

Peter gets into the college he's always dreamed of going to but when a surprise twist happens to Lara Jean she's left unsure on what to do and whether her relationship with Peter will be able to continue when the two of them start college.


This is a really cute story of love, friendship, family and growing up and I think Jenny Han did a great job in writing an unexpected third book to the series.

As the series has developed I've loved each and every one of the characters more and more. In the first book I wasn't a fan of Lara Jean and found her annoying and immature but I feel like I've seen her develop from an immature teenager to a young adult ready for a new chapter in her life.

Peter also grew on me a lot throughout the series as I found him really full of himself originally but in this book I loved his character and how his and Lara Jean's relationship carried on developing.

The sister element to this series is something I've always loved and it was great to see all the sisters reunited in this story and see the incredible support they have for one another through all the ups and downs they face.

It was also lovely to see the girls' dad in a new relationship and find out much more about that relationship in this story. It was really nice to see their dad happier and I really felt a sense of development and moving on from this side of the story.

The storyline and writing were easy to follow and I never felt like I was getting lost. I felt at times like I was in the story and I was actually part of their lives and living through their eyes.

Overall I think this is a great read if you want something fast paced, cute and contemporary and I definitely recommend this whole trilogy.


Rating /5
4


Happy Reading!!!


xHannahx



No comments:

Post a Comment