February 2015 Wrap Up

Saturday 28 February 2015
Hello Book Lovers!!!

The time has arrived for another monthly wrap up!!! During the month of February I read 6 books and 1 graphic novel. This isn't quite as much as last month but I have read some slightly bigger books this month so I'm happy with that number :) I will obviously be giving 1 book the award for Favourite February Read as well so lets get started!!!

The first book I read in February was the graphic novel which was my first ever graphic novel and that was Fairest In All The Land by Bill Willingham.


I loved this graphic novel so much and it was a good one to start with as this is a stand alone. Fortunately for me there is now a series for this so I can't wait to get my hands on that as well as the Fables graphic novel series which is meant to be amazing!!! I gave this 5* on Goodreads.


The next book I read was Nights in Rodanthe by Nicholas Sparks. 


Again this was another novel that I thoroughly enjoyed this month so I definitely had a good start to the month. I gave it 4* on Goodreads.


The 3rd book I read was Landline by Rainbow Rowell. 


This brought my Rainbow Rowell journey to an end for now as I have read all of her novels. I loved this book, not as much as Eleanor and Park but I just love Rainbow Rowell's writing and I am super excited for Carry On, the Simon Snow fan fiction to be released this year. If you've read Fangirl you'll know what I'm talking about. I gave Landline 4* on Goodreads.


Next I went back to Nicholas Sparks and read Dear John.


I did enjoy this book but this is one that has been quite hyped up so naturally I went into this with high expectations and in my opinion, I don't see why it was as hyped up as much as it was. Now don't get me wrong, I did enjoy reading this story, it just wasn't one of my favourites and considering the hype it was given, I expected a bit more. I gave it 3* on Goodreads.


The 5th book I read in the month of February was Six Suspects by Vikas Swarup.


I did enjoy reading this book as I love murder mysteries but there was some things I didn't enjoy such as the length of the motives section and the ending of the book. I didn't think the book needed to be as long as it was but I liked that each stage of the murder mystery has its own section and I did like finding out about each of the suspects and how they were linked to one another. I gave this 3* on Goodreads.


The next book I read was Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery.


I loved this book so much. This was a reread for me and I'm so glad I did because Anne has to be one of my all time favourite fictional characters, if not, my favourite fictional character. I find this book so funny to read and I couldn't help but fall in love with some of the characters. I gave this book 5* on Goodreads.


And the final book I read in the month of January was Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll.


I loved reading about the history of this novel and where Alice's stories came from. I also liked reading about the inspirations for some of the characters as well as reading the actual stories and how Alice's Adventures in Wonderland was brought to theatre. I did find some of the sections quite long winded however and for that I gave this book 4* on Goodreads.


So that is it!!! We have got to the end of my February Wrap Up and now that I have done that I realise how much I have actually read and the variety of what I have read as well. I am mostly a contemporary reader but I got a couple of other genres into this month as well so I'm pleased with myself for doing that.

So it's now time for the award for Favourite February Read. And the award goes to.....Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery!!! I have no bad words to say about this book and I also really enjoyed the film adaptation.



So goodbye February and I will speak to you all again in March!!! Let me know in the comments below what reading plans you have for March and I will speak to you all very soon :)



Happy Reading!!!


xHannahx


No comments:

Post a Comment