Valentines Day Book Haul

Tuesday 17 February 2015
Hello Book Lovers!!!

I thought that I would share the books I received of my fantabulous boyfriend for Valentines Day. All the books are classics which is fantastic as I have been wanting to read some classics for ages. I got 6 books, 5 of which of clothbound. Anyway, lets get on with it!!!

Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery


This as you can see is not a clothbound but still has a beautiful cover!!! I have read this book before a few years ago but it wasn't my copy so now having my own copy is just amazing as I enjoyed this book so much :) It is about a young orphan that makes friends, likes to explore, and gets herself into mischief :)


Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll


Ok so we have a started on the clothbound classics now :) This story follows a girls adventures in Wonderland where she meets some hilarious and interesting characters :)


Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen


This is a story about a family that go to stay at a distant family members house and are left with an inheritance from a late relative. During their stay there they meet characters and from this, romance blossoms, until one of the girls discovers that the man she loves has actually been secretly engaged for 1 whole year!!!


Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte


This classic is based around a man named Lockwood that rents a manor house called Thrushcross Grange and meets the landlord of another manor house, Wuthering Heights. Lockwood's housekeeper tells him of her childhood around Wuthering Heights and ups and downs of growing up there. The story covers romance, tragedy, and everything in between!!!


Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen


I'm sure we all know of the story of Pride and Prejudice and the fascinating Mr Darcy, but believe it or not, I have neither read the novel or watched any of the film adaptations. (Bad Hannah!!!). It begins with Charles Bingley who rents the manor of Netherfield Park. This causes a bit of a stir around the neighbourhood especially for the Bennets. After meeting Mr Bingley, the Bennets attend a ball in which Mr Bingley is present. Also at the ball is Mr Darcy, who refuses to dance with Elizabeth Bennet, one of the daughters in the Bennet household. This makes him seem arrogant to the guests at the ball. Mr Darcy finds himself getting attached to Elizabeth however but because of Mr Darcy's arrogance and obnoxiousness at formal events, he doesn't win over Elizabeth's heart easily. 


Little Women by Louisa May Alcott


And the final book I got for Valentines Day was this beauty!!! I have wanted to read this book ever since I read Jacqueline Wilson's Double Act as the twins in that book were obsessed with this story. This novel tells the story of 4 girls, Meg, Jo, Beth and Amy and their struggle with living in poverty. During Christmas, the girls get invited to a party of one of their wealthy friends and while their Jo meets a boy. After Meg sprains her ankle, Laurie (the boy) takes the girls home but Jo finds herself going to visit Laurie while he is sick. All of the girls have their separate adventures and we follow each of their stories, their ups, their downs, and their tragedies.


So that is all the books I received for Valentines Day!!! I am so happy with my gifts and I am so grateful to my boyfriend who helps me fund my book obsessions during certain times of the year :p He also got me a Narwhal called Nelson which is just so awesome!!!



I hope you all had a wonderful Valentines Day whatever you did :)

xHannahx





No comments:

Post a Comment