Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery - Review

Sunday 22 February 2015

Hello Book Lovers!!!

I've finished Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery and once again absolutely loved it. It is just such a lovely read and Anne is definitely one of my most loved fictional characters, if not, my most loved fictional character.

The novel is about a young orphan girl who gets adopted by Marilla and Matthew, the owners of Green Gables. Although there was a mistake as Marilla and Matthew wanted a boy, they can't help but feel for this little girl and decide to let her stay with them at Green Gables. 

We follow Anne's new life and the mischief she gets into and we also get a vivid insight to her wild imagination. She also makes a new friend at Green Gables called Diana and they become the best of friends.

Anne and her imagination take you on wild adventures and if you don't fall in love with this character then I don't understand you!!! She had me laughing so much and I'm so glad I now have my own copy that I can read whenever I like.

I literally have nothing bad to say about this book and I can't wait to read the second book, Anne of Avonlea.

Rating /5
5


This book also has a film adaptation that I was a bit weary about watching as I fell so in love with the book and I don't usually love film adaptations as much as I love the books themselves. But luckily, I was pleasantly surprised :) I loved the film as well. It was a fantastic adaptation of L. M. Montgomery's novel and fell in love with the characters in the film just as much as I did with the characters in the book.

Rating /5
5


Happy Reading!!!

xHannahx

No comments:

Post a Comment