Nights in Rodanthe by Nicholas Sparks - Review

Tuesday 3 February 2015



Hello Book Lovers!!!

I have literally whizzed through this book!!! It was a fairly short book but it was just so beautifully written I found it hard to put down. Once again Nicholas Sparks has not let me down. 

This novel is based around a women that has divorced who goes to look after a guest house of one of her friends while she is away. During this time, a man stays at the guest house and over the course of a super short time they a friendship starts to build. 

I'm not going to tell you anything else about the synopsis but lets just say the ending is heartbreaking yet beautifully written and this is definitely a book I want to re-read at some point. Loved it!!!

Rating /5
4

As well as the novel, this also has a film adaptation that I watched after reading the book. I actually quite enjoyed this version of the novel although as usual there were some things that I didn't enjoy so much. One of these things was the development of the romance, it just didn't really happen. It went from not knowing each other at all to complete affection whereas in the book there was a fantastic development that was written so well. Also the personality of the main guy in the story was a little aggressive for my liking.

Other than those points I did quite enjoy the film and therefore my rating isn't too low :)

Rating /5
3

No comments:

Post a Comment