The Little Coffee Shop of Kabul by Deborah Rodriguez - Review

Sunday 1 February 2015

Hello Book Lovers!!!

Today's review is on The Little Coffee Shop of Kabul by Deborah Rodriguez. I have to say this is not one of my favourite books. For me personally there were too many different stories to follow which was difficult enough not to mention having to get my head round the different culture.

This novel is about 5 different women. One is a coffee shop owner, one is a journalist, one is pregnant and has been stolen from her village leaving her abandoned on the violent streets of Kabul, one is American but has moved to Kabul to be with her Afghan lover, and the final one is an older woman that is having a hidden love affair.

You follow each of these women and find out about their survival instincts and how they cope with the violence and culture of Kabul. 

For me, this book had me reading pages over and over again to try to keep up with who was who and which story was when. I'm not to keen on books that have me doing that as I find myself confused and not able to keep up. 

The actual overall story was interesting especially as the author has been through a lot of these kinds of things herself, but for me I think this is a novel I will have to read again at some point to see if I can keep up better and understand the storyline more.

Rating /5
2

Happy Reading!!!

xHannahx

No comments:

Post a Comment