Saga. Volume 2 by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples - Review

Sunday 28 August 2016

Hello Book Lovers!!!

I've just read Saga Volume 2 by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples and I loved it! I can't get over how amazing this series is! And how much I'm loving it even though I don't usually like Sci Fi!


This is obviously the 2nd part of the story and in this volume we see the family (mother, father, baby daughter) continue to fight off their enemies. They are still on the run and there are still lots of people out to kill them.

This is because the two got together but are from different planets. And being with someone from a different planet is definitely not allowed. Not only that but of course they've now had a daughter together as well.

At the end of the last volume, the father's parents are introduced. We see a lot more of them in this volume and they are now out helping the family fight against the evil that is surrounding them. Freelancers are still being sent out but another enemy has decided to go after them...the father's ex partner, Gwendolyn.


I don't want to say too much more but I absolutely loved the continuation of the story and the world building. Everything was very well explained and I could understand everything easily enough for me not to get confused while reading.

I also loved the introduction of Gwendolyn. We've heard about her throughout the story but for her to turn up completely unexpected was such a great twist to the series. I like how badass her character was as well and I hope she has a lot more character development throughout the next few volumes.

The family relationship is something that I've loved from the beginning so it was nice to see that again and just how close this family is. Having the grandparents introduced now as well gave the family element another level of strength fighting off the enemies.

Once again the illustrations were fantastic and went with the dialogue perfectly. Fiona Staples' art work is just incredible!

Overall I would say this has been a perfect continuation of the series and I can't wait to get my hands on Saga Volume 3! I just want to mention again however that this series isn't suitable for younger readers as there are a lot of topics mentioned and illustrations that are for a more mature audience.


Rating /5
5


Happy Reading!!!


xHannahx


No comments:

Post a Comment