Saga. Volume 1 by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples - Review

Monday 22 August 2016

Hello Book Lovers!!!

I've just flown through Saga Volume 1 by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples and absolutely loved it! I completely see where all the hype has come from now! It's just so gripping and I can't wait to continue on with the series. I'm actually thinking do I just order the next volume right now!


So this is about a family trying to find their place in the world, in between a galactic war. The two are from different planets and aren't meant to fall in love, but having feelings for someone can't be helped! The two end up having a child together and this is where the story begins.

The basis of the novel is told from the perspective of the child and follows the story of her parents. The two have to fight off all of their enemies that are trying to kill them as well as keeping their child safe...as someone is wanting their child brought to them, but alive and in full health. However killing her mother and father doesn't seem to be an issue.

I don't want to say any more about the synopsis as I don't want to give anything away but trust me when I say, it's definitely worth the read! I'm not a sci fi fan in the slightest and I loved it!


This first volume was so intense and gripping I just couldn't stop reading! It was one of the most exciting stories I've ever read. I loved how the story was told from the child's perspective as I thought that it gave a much more interesting look on the story of the family. I also loved how much the family cared for each other and how they would do anything to keep each other safe.

The world in which this story is taking place is well developed and interesting to read about as it has so many elements to it. Learning about the different planets and the people within them was incredibly engaging as they were all so different.

The illustrations throughout were amazing and made the story even more engaging to read. They were a perfect match to the dialogue and really supported in the process of bringing the story to life.

Overall I loved this first instalment to the series and I can't wait to continue on. I would recommend this to readers who love an action packed, quick read and even if you are like me and aren't a sci fi fan, I highly recommend giving this a read anyway. I definitely wasn't disappointed! However saying all of that, I don't recommend this to younger readers as there are a lot of scenes/illustrations that are definitely not suitable for younger readers.


Rating /5
5


If you've read this volume of Saga then let me know what you thought of it as I'd love to know your opinions and I'll speak to you all very soon with more updates of my progress in the Bout of Books Readathon!


Happy Reading!!!


xHannahx



No comments:

Post a Comment