December 2015 Wrap Up

Thursday 31 December 2015
Hello Book Lovers!!!

It's time for my last wrap up of the year!!! Where has this year gone? It's flown by. But it's been a fabulous year for reading that's for sure. Anyway, it's time for my December Wrap Up. Lets get started!!!


The first book I read in December was:

Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte


I've enjoyed reading more classics this year however this one was super confusing. The family tree published in this edition helped a lot though and a really liked Nelly Dean, the housekeeper. I gave this book 3* on Goodreads.


The next book I read was:

Christmas With Billy and Me by Giovanna Fletcher


This was a reread for me and I thoroughly enjoyed it all over again. It is the novella to Giovanna's debut novel, Billy and Me. I love all of the characters and with all of the Christmassy elements, its the perfect book to read in December. I gave this book 5* on Goodreads.


The third book I read this month was:

Dream a Little Christmas Dream by Giovanna Fletcher


This is the novella to Dream a Little Dream by Giovanna Fletcher and I really enjoyed this story as well. I love the characters in this book just like in Billy and Me and Christmas With Billy and Me. However I found that there wasn't as many Christmassy elements in this book other than it being set around Christmas time. I loved everything else about the book though and gave it 4* on Goodreads.


The next book I read was:

Fairest: The Return of the Maharaja by Sean E. Williams


This was the 3rd volume in the Fairest graphic novel series and once again I really enjoyed this instalment. It was action packed and I never got bored. There was elements of a few different fairytale characters including Aladdin and Jasmine which was fantastic as I love everything Fairytale. I gave this book 4* on Goodreads.


The fifth book I read this month was:

Fairest: Of Men and Mice by Marc Andreyko


This was the 4th instalment in the Fairest graphic novel series and was based around Cinderella and the fact she is a secret agent. I love this twist to Cinderella and the characters she meets along the way including Snow White are great. Again this volume was action packed and I'm looking forward to reading the next volume. I gave this 4* on Goodreads.


And the final book I read in the month of December was:

Boy. Tales of Childhood by Roald Dahl


This was the tales of Roald Dahl's childhood and what he got up to in his school days. We also find out little bits about his family and the adventures they all went on. I really enjoyed reading this and if you enjoy Roald Dahl's fiction books then I'm sure you would enjoy this as well. I gave this book 4* on Goodreads.


So that is it for my December Wrap Up and the last wrap up of the year!!! But it's time to announce my Favourite December Read. And the winner is.....

Christmas With Billy and Me by Giovanna Fletcher!!!


This book just gave me all of the Christmassy feels and this is a book I could read every Christmas.


So that is it for this year!!! Feel free to leave in the comments the books you've been loving this month and I'll speak to you all in 2016!!!


Happy Reading!!!


xHannahx


No comments:

Post a Comment