Dream a Little Christmas Dream by Giovanna Fletcher - Review

Sunday 27 December 2015

Hello Book Lovers!!!

I've just read the whole of Dream a Little Christmas Dream by Giovanna Fletcher in one sitting. It is super short at 85 pages so I thought I would just fly through it. I really enjoyed it like I hoped and I love the characters just as much as I did when reading Dream a Little Dream.


We revisit the life of Sarah who in Dream a Little Dream, got together with a boy called Brett. Sarah is looking forward to her Christmas with her housemate Carly and Brett and is finally feeling that her life is on the up.

But when Carly breaks the news that she is moving in with her boyfriend Josh, Sarah tries to act happy for her but inside she is rather upset. As well as that, Brett begins to act a little strange.

Sarah begins to dream scenarios including Brett leaving her and this sends her mind into overdrive. She begins to panic and wonders why Brett is being really distant and not spending a lot of time with her any more. Brett is constantly coming up with excuses as to why he can't come round to see Sarah and she starts to think that maybe he's up to something that she's unaware of.

The group of friends meet for the final pub quiz of the year. They have been doing the quiz together all year and this final quiz will conclude who has won overall. But the usual quiz master can't be there and so Brett steps in for him. Little does Sarah know that Brett has a little something up his sleeve.


I really enjoyed the premise of this story and I think it shows how friendship should always be treasured. You could really see how close this group of friends were and when any of them had news, they would always be so happy and supportive of them.

I also really loved how Brett wasn't always present, but we were always thinking about what he was up to and where the story was going to take us in terms of Sarah and Brett's relationship.

As well as that, Giovanna Fletcher's writing is always so amusing and even when something more serious is happening, she doesn't fail to add a bit of comedy. I've loved Giovanna's writing style in everything she has written and I can't wait for her to release another book.

The ending of the story was perfect and it made me think more about how guy's minds usually work. I definitely don't think male and female minds are too much alike. Us girls have ways of doing things, and the boys have their ways. And that's just the way humans seem to work.

The only thing I think I would have liked to see more of is Christmas content. Although of course the story was set around Christmas time, there wasn't a lot of Christmassy elements such as descriptive locations, Christmas events etc. and that is something I loved so much about Christmas With Billy and Me. However, that is the only criticism as I loved the rest.


Rating /5
4


If you've read any of the books I've mentioned then let me know what you thought of them in the comments below and lets see if any of our opinions match. 


Speak to you all soon.


Happy Reading!!!


xHannahx 

No comments:

Post a Comment