Christmas With Billy and Me by Giovanna Fletcher - Review

Wednesday 23 December 2015

Hello Again Book Lovers!!!

As I hoped, I've just sat for the last hour or so reading Christmas With Billy and Me by Giovanna Fletcher. It is the perfect book for this time of year and I've loved rereading it so much.


We revisit the life of Sophie May and Billy Buskin (from the novel Billy and Me by Giovanna Fletcher), where they spend most of their time on Rosefont Hill in Sophie's little coffee shop, Molly's-on-the-Hill. 

One day while Sophie is checking her emails, she comes across one from an email address, proposingonthehill@yahoo.co.uk. This intrigues her as she can clearly see that this somehow involves her little coffee shop. She opens the email and reads it discovering that a secret someone would like to propose to their girlfriend at no other than Molly's-on-the-Hill!!!

Sophie gets so excited that she begins planning the perfect proposal in her little coffee shop straight away. She starts thinking about the decorations and the food she would like to provide as well as going through the list that the mystery person has provided her with requirements about the proposal.

Between herself, Billy, her Mum, Colin (her Mum's boyfriend), and Colin's two children Aaron and Charlotte, the family try to create the perfect atmosphere for the perfect proposal. But who is this mystery person and who is the lucky girl that is going to get proposed to?


This is such a beautiful read, especially at this time of year. I just love all of the characters and I love that Molly is still present in the story even though she isn't physically there. (If you've read Billy and Me then you'll know who Molly is and why she isn't physically there in this novella).

I also love the imagery I can create in my head as the writing is so beautiful and descriptive. It makes me want to go to Rosefont Hill and visit Molly's-on-the-Hill. (Somebody create it quick!!!). The way in which Giovanna Fletcher describes every little detail down to the angel that Charlotte makes for the top of the tree is just stunning and of course her descriptions about the food are just perfect and makes me super hungry!!!

Another thing I love about this book is that is doesn't fail to get you completely in the Christmas spirit. If you don't feel very festive yet this year but would like to, then this would be the perfect book for you to read, sitting next to the Christmas tree, burning Christmas scented candles (I'm speaking from experience, trust me!!!).


Rating /5
5


I am well and truly ready for Christmas now but my festive reading doesn't stop there!!! I have another festive novella for you to see very soon!!!

If you've read Christmas With Billy and Me, or even just Billy and Me, then leave you opinions in the comments below as I would love to read what you thought of them.

For now that's it and I will be speaking to you very soon with another festive read!!!


Happy Reading!!!


xHannahx



No comments:

Post a Comment