Turtles All The Way Down by John Green - Review

Tuesday 3 April 2018

Hello Book Lovers!!!

I've just finished Turtles All The Way Down by John Green for another challenge for the AprilAThon. This covers the challenge of 'read a book you are excited to read' and I'm so glad that I did!


This book is about Aza who is in high school and enjoys spending time with her friends (mostly Daisy). However Aza also struggles with her anxiety which causes her to have worried and panicky thoughts running through her head a lot of the time.

As well as this Aza and Daisy also find out that one of Aza's friends from years ago (who is also in a very rich family) is also going through difficult times. Davis' father has disappeared and nobody has any idea of where he is. So Aza and Daisy try to uncover the truth of his disappearance.


That is all I'm going to say in terms of the synopsis however I'd love to be able to say so so much more as I loved this book so much! From the very first page I was engrossed in John Green's beautiful writing style. He has a way with words that just transports you into the world of the characters in his stories.

I felt very quickly attached to pretty much all of the characters and I wanted to help them and comfort them through all of the difficult things they were facing. Aza like I mentioned previously suffers from anxiety and the way John Green wrote about anxiety and used a lot of metaphors to try to explain what was going on in Aza's head was truly mesmerizing. As someone who does get anxiety I thought this topic was dealt with incredibly well and I couldn't have asked for a better written book involving this issue.

The story itself was eye opening and thoroughly engaging throughout. I never felt bored, my attention never wandered elsewhere, I was just captivated from start to finish. Overall I think this is a book everyone needs to read at some point in their lives however I will put a trigger warning on it for anxiety and depression.

I loved this story and it has definitely become one of my favourite books of all time.


Rating /5
5


Happy Reading!!!


xHannahx



No comments:

Post a Comment