Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling - Review

Saturday 15 October 2016

Hello Book Lovers!!!

I finished Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling and once again loved it. I'm super excited to read the Prisoner of Azkaban now even though that is one of my least favourite of the series. Who knows, I might love it more this time round!


The Chamber of Secrets is the second book in the Harry Potter series and we follow Harry through his second year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. This year Harry gets a visit from a house elf called Dobby that warns him he must not go back to school, strange messages are been found on the walls of Hogwarts, Harry is hearing strange voices that only he can hear, and he also finds a magical diary that appears to be blank.

Once again, Harry, Ron and Hermione find themselves trying to figure out the mysteries of all of these different elements and how they all intertwine.

But how much time have they got before the lives of many are in serious danger?


Like I said before I loved this book once again. I think I still prefer the first book however this is still just so magical and had me engaged the whole way through. Hogwarts once again had me wishing I was there even though bad things were happening.

The characters from the first book I loved once again in this book and the new characters introduced like Dobby made me so excited to be revisiting these books again. Ron makes me laugh so much throughout this series but especially in this book where he and Harry have to 'follow the spiders' and Ron is terrified of them and says some brilliant one liners.

The world is so magical, not just Hogwarts but it's surrounding areas and it makes me feel so warm and cosy so reading this series at this time of year when the weather is getting a lot colder is just perfect.

The writing style once again is very easy to understand as it's a middle grade read but it's a series that anyone of any age can read and it's a story that I'm sure will still be talked about in years to come.


Rating /5
5


Happy Reading!!!


xHannahx



No comments:

Post a Comment