The Crown by Kiera Cass - Review

Friday 1 July 2016

Hello Book Lovers!!!

I've flew through The Crown by Kiera Cass and I'm so happy yet slightly sad at the same time that I've finally finished the Selection Series. This is definitely a series I'm going to miss but of course I will be reading it again in the future.


The Crown carries on the story of Eadlyn, America's daughter. America was the main protagonist in the first 3 books then Eadlyn was introduced in the 4th. In the 4th book we are taken through the first section of Eadlyn's Selection process and the 5th book concludes her process.

So Eadlyn is in the Elite stage of the Selection. The Selection is a royal process where the prince/princess has to chose a husband/wife from the boys/girls that are chosen to stay at the palace. Eadlyn originally has no desire to be in the Selection process at all but in The Crown we see her become a lot closer to the boys she has asked to stay.

We begin to see a different side to Eadlyn as she has also had to stand in for her mother America who is ill. She has a lot more work to do for the country as well as going through her Selection process however she deals very well with this.

But of course someone tries to intervene with her love life and even tricks the public into thinking that they might be together (I'm not saying who however!). So it's up to Eadlyn to make up her mind about what she wants to do in terms of the country and her future...and she doesn't have long to make up her mind before things could all go wrong.


I really enjoyed this book and especially Eadlyn's development as a character. In The Heir (the 4th book where she is introduced), I didn't like her too much as I found her to winy and childish, however in this book she has developed into so much more of a leader and her emotions are so much more apparent whereas in The Heir, she didn't seem to have that much emotion and I couldn't become attached to her in any way as she annoyed me.

I also loved finding out more about each of the boys that were left in the Selection process and how each of their stories and characters have developed. 

Although I did really enjoy this book, there were some things I felt were missing. In the first 3 books there was a lot more notice taken of the public and the wars that were starting. However in the last 2 books I didn't feel like there was any action of that sort at all. I also felt that there were some unanswered questions at the end such as, is America ok? And what happened to the character that I'm not going to name that tried to trick the public into thinking himself and Eadlyn were going to be together?

Overall I did enjoy this book however there were a few things that I thought could have been concluded better. I'm happy that I have another completed series on my shelf and this is definitely a series that I will reread in the future.


Rating /5
4


Happy Reading!!!


xHannahx


No comments:

Post a Comment