The Disney Book. A Celebration of the World of Disney by Jim Fanning - Review

Tuesday 12 July 2016

Hello Book Lovers!!!

I've finished reading The Disney Book. A Celebration of the World of Disney by Jim Fanning and I learnt so many more facts and figures.


In this we get to learn about the characters, films, Walt Disney and his family, and the Disney Parks. We also get to see lots of images of concept art, ideas, and photos as well as images of the Disney Merchandise.

The book gives in depth details about the creations of the films right from the beginning of the processes and discusses each part of the development. For example, the initial idea/vision, the character development, the world development, the advertising and production, and the premieres.

When reading about the parks I learnt about the concept art and the construction of each of them as well as the facts and figures such as the years they were opened and the rides that are within the parks.

When I was looking at some of the merchandise, even in some of the newer items, I could still see the traditional Disney look that has been passed on through the years.


I thoroughly enjoyed reading about all of the different elements of the book and I found myself specifically interested in the film developments. I liked learning about where the ideas came from and how they were then brought to life and I liked how right at the beginning of the book there was a full timeline of Disney history.

The Disneyland Parks always get me excited as I really do find them so magical. I've been to Paris where I danced in a show and did the parade with the characters and then I went to California last year which was made even more special as it was the 100th anniversary!

I think this book is perfect for all you Disney fans as you learn so much more about each of the elements of Disney and this is definitely something I know I can refer back to if I want to remember something about Disney. However sometimes I did find some of the explanations a little confusing and long winded but that could be because I'm not familiar with every bit of terminology!


Rating /5
4


Happy Reading!!!


xHannahx

No comments:

Post a Comment