Six Years by Harlen Coben - Review

Tuesday 27 October 2015

Hello Book Lovers!!!

I've finished Six Years by Harlen Coben and oh wow wasn't it a page turner!!! It had me intrigued the whole way through and I thoroughly enjoyed it.


We begin with a guy called Jake who has been told at his ex girlfriend Natalie's wedding, by Natalie herself, to stay away. She has asked him to promise that he will leave them alone at all cost. Jake, not wanting to, but feels obliged to, agrees and for six years he keeps his promise.

But after the six years, Jake finds out that the man Natalie had married six years ago, Todd, has been murdered and Jake can't help himself and goes to the funeral hoping to see Natalie again. But when Jake gets there, he realises that the widow at the wedding isn't his beloved Natalie.

Jake decides to do his research and try to find out exactly where Natalie is but soon finds himself being kidnapped and nearly killed. Luckily he escapes and carries on his mission in finding Natalie but everyone he asks, denies knowing where she is. He does however find out that Natalie's dad disappeared 25 years ago, just like Natalie had done and wants to find out whether there is any link to the two disappearances.

After failing at getting any information off anyone, he finds out where Natalie's mother is and goes to speak to her. He manages to find out some information but there is still a lot of gaps in his findings.

Will Jake ever find his beloved Natalie and why did she disappear in the first place?


This is a real page turner of a book and I found myself completely immersed in the storyline. I really liked Jake and I also loved that Natalie was always present, just not physically. The book kept providing plot twists meaning it never really slowed down and I love books that do that as they keep me interested the whole way through.

As much as a loved the storyline, I did find myself forgetting which character was which as so many were introduced. The main characters where very well developed however and so they stuck in my head. I also thought that the bad characters were described very well as I did feel quite intimidated by them from beginning to end. The locations were also very descriptive and therefore I was able to get clear pictures of where the characters were and when.

I thought the ending was good also although I think it could have been even better by adding more action and suspense into the storyline but I thought that the action packed scenes throughout the book were very well written.


Rating /5
4


I would recommend this book to mature readers as some of the scenes are quite graffic so if you are squeamish then I probably wouldn't recommend this to you and I also don't think this is suitable at all for younger readers. If you like action packed page turners with a whole load of plot twists, I definitely think you would enjoy this book.

If you've read this book or any of Harlen Coben's other novels, then let me know in the comments what you thought of them as I would love to know your opinions, and if there are any in particular that you would recommend to me then by all means leave those in the comments as well.


Happy Reading!!!


xHannahx

No comments:

Post a Comment