September 2015 Wrap Up

Thursday 1 October 2015
Hello Book Lovers!!!

It's now the beginning of October so it's time to do my September Wrap Up!!! I've read 5 books this month which I'm definitely happy with as I've had quite a busy month. So lets get to it!!!


The first book I read in the month of September was Annie by Thomas Meehan


I love the film Annie so when I seen this I knew I had to pick it up. It follows the same story as the film but has some changes that I thoroughly enjoyed :) I gave this 4* on Goodreads.


The next book I read was The Maze Runner by James Dashner


This is the first book in The Maze Runner trilogy and one of my favourite. It was fast paced and didn't mess around at the beginning. You are thrown straight into the main storyline which I enjoyed hugely as a lot of books tend to introduce everything for way to long.


Then I went straight onto The Scorch Trials by James Dashner


This is the second book in The Maze Runner trilogy and although I did still enjoy this book, I found it a little slower than the first book. I did however begin to feel fully attached to a lot of the characters in this book which turns out isn't such a great idea once you get onto the next book which I'm about to talk about!!! I gave this book 4* on Goodreads.


The Death Cure by James Dashner was the next book I read


This is the final book in The Maze Runner trilogy and was a fantastic conclusion to the series. It was back to being fast paced like The Maze Runner and my heart got broken into a million pieces in some chapters of this book (BEWARE!!!). I also gave this book 4* on Goodreads.


And the final book I read this month was The Kill Order by James Dashner


You might be thinking, Hannah, you've just said The Death Cure was the final book in The Maze Runner trilogy, and right you are, but this is the prequel to the trilogy. I didn't enjoy this book as much as the others but I did still like how close the new characters we were introduced to were and although this wasn't that fast paced of a book, some of the action scenes were great to read and fantastically written. I gave this 3* on Goodreads.


So that is my Wrap Up for September!!! And now it's time for me to announce which book has won my Favourite September Read!!!

And my Favourite September Read goes to.....

The Death Cure by James Dashner!!!


I just think that this concluded The Maze Runner trilogy brilliantly and was fast paced throughout. If you're like me and get attached to characters then this book will probably rip your heart out.


So that concludes September!!! I'll update you on what I'm reading in October very soon :)

Also, let me know in the comments below what you've been reading in the month of September and if you have any recommendations for me then of course leave those in the comments as well :)


Happy Reading!!!


xHannahx

No comments:

Post a Comment