The Rescue by Nicholas Sparks - Review

Sunday 25 January 2015

Hello Book Lovers!!!

I have finished my 2nd Nicholas Sparks book of 2015!!! Woohoo!!! Now I did enjoy The Rescue a lot, although not quite as much as Message in a Bottle.


This novel is about a girl called Denise who has a son called Kyle. They find themselves in a car accident and Kyle disappears while Denise is unconscious. The whole fire department goes out searching for him while Denise is getting treated in the hospital. She finds out Kyle has been found by Taylor, one of the firemen and is so relieved when he and her son walks through the hospital doors.

But is this the start of something for Denise and Taylor? As their journey progresses, Denise finds out that Taylor is keeping something from her and this leaves Denise unsure about what to do. She later discovers some heartbreaking news about Taylor but does this have an effect on their feelings for each other?


I did really enjoy this book although I found it quite slow at some points. It was well written (as of all of Nicholas Sparks' other novels I have read have been) and I felt I did connect to some of the characters in different ways. Although I didn't enjoy this book as much as Message in a Bottle, I did still feel hooked on the story and there were a lot of points where I found myself unable to put the book down.

Rating /5
3

Happy Reading!!!

xHannahx

No comments:

Post a Comment