Little Beach Street Bakery by Jenny Colgan - Review

Friday 16 January 2015

Hello Book Lovers!!!

Sot this week I have been reading Little Beach Street Bakery by Jenny Colgan. 

I hadn't really heard much about this book and it is the first Jenny Colgan book I have read, but after reading the synopsis I thought it sounded like a nice read :)


This story is about a girl called Poppy who has had trouble at home with work and her relationship. She splits from her partner and decides to move to a little place called Polbearne. Here she meets some interesting characters, some of which become very good friends of Poppy's.....others take a little bit more effort to say the least.

Poppy has to start afresh and make enough money to keep her little flat, so she joins forces with the 'not so nice until you get to know her' bakery lady.

Just as everything starts to be looking up for Poppy, she has to make a very difficult decision; does she stay in Polbearne running the bakery or does she move across the world to be with the new love of her life?


I did enjoy this book as it was a relaxing read and I thought the storyline was very sweet, but I like to get attached to the characters when reading a novel and I didn't feel like this happened with this story. There also wasn't anything that shocked me and at times I didn't feel like much was happening.

I'm also coeliac so reading about all this bread made me crave but that was my own stupid fault :p

The writing style was different to recent books I have been reading but I did enjoy this style as it was very descriptive and so I was able to create my own imagery of this little world of Jenny Colgan's.

Overall I would recommend this book to anyone that likes a relaxing read and also anyone that loves baking :)

Rating /5
3

Happy Reading!!!

xHannahx

No comments:

Post a Comment