The Peter Rabbit Library by Beatrix Potter - Review

Tuesday 27 December 2016

Hello Book Lovers!!!

I managed to finish the Peter Rabbit Library by Beatrix Potter during the CramAThon and absolutely loved it! It was so nice to go back to my childhood and revisit these stories and characters.


This library contains the following books:

1. The Tale of Peter Rabbit (4*)
2. The Tale of Squirrel Nutkin (4*)
3. The Tailor of Gloucester (3*)
4. The Tale of Benjamin Button (4*)
5. The Tale of Two Bad Mice (4*)
6. The Tale of Mrs. Tiggy-Winkle (5*)
7. The Tale of Mr Jeremy Fisher (4*)
8. The Tale of Tom Kitten (4*)
9. The Tale of Jemima Puddle-Duck (4*)
10. The Tale of the Flopsy Bunnies (4*)


I'm not going to go through all of these as that will take a lifetime! However my favourite is still The Tale of Mrs. Tiggy-Winkle. I just love how cute these characters are and how beautiful the locations are. I remembered again when reading this story that I was obsessed with one of the drawings in this story and looking back at it now, I still think it is so beautiful.

I also loved The Tale of Peter Rabbit and The Tale of Benjamin Button as these interlink with each other which I completely forgot about. Most of the stories do actually interlink with each other which I think is just so lovely and it means you don't just get to read about the characters in one story, a lot of the time they make appearances in other stories as well.

My least favourite was probably The Tailor of Gloucester as the locations just weren't as pretty in this story and I love a pretty location! I did however still love the mice as they reminded me of the mice in Cinderella and I'm a huge Disney fan.

Overall I think this collection is perfect for children or even if you aren't a child anymore but just like to take your life back in time a little and reminisce about your childhood like I do. The images are also extremely adorable and add a whole lot of character to the stories.


Rating /5
4


Happy Reading!!!


xHannahx
  

No comments:

Post a Comment