November Wrap Up | 2016

Thursday 8 December 2016
Hello Book Lovers!!!

So I'm finally getting round to wrapping up what I read in November! I only read two books but here are my thoughts on them anyway. Enjoy!


The first book I read was...

A Company of Swans by Eva Ibbotson



This is about a girl who dreams of becoming a professional ballet dancer and one day gets approached by a ballet coach that wants her to tour with their company. She wants to but her father doesn't agree with it so she runs away with the company without telling him. I really couldn't get into this book at all and I found that too many characters were getting introduced all the time and it was difficult to keep up with who was who. I felt my mind wandering a lot and it took me so long to read because of this so I only gave this book 1* on Goodreads.


And the second and final book I read was...

The Art of Being Normal by Lisa Williamson



This is about a boy called David that wants to be a girl and a boy called Leo that just wants to be invisible. Leo moves to David's school and ends up standing up for David when he is getting bullied. This sparks off an unlikely friendship between the two of them and we follow their journey of finding themselves and discovering their secrets. I completely loved this book. The story was well written and covered diverse elements perfectly. I fell in love with Leo and David; they are just such sweet characters, and I never got bored at all. I just couldn't put this book down so for that I had to give it 5* on Goodreads.



So that is it for the books I read during November and it's now time to give the award for Favourite November Read! Of course this is an obvious answer...


And the award goes to...

The Art of Being Normal by Lisa Williamson!



I just adored this book and it's probably one of my favourite books I've read this year. It definitely deserves all the hype it gets.



So that is it for this post and I'll be posting my Video Wrap Up very soon! I hope you've all had a fantastic November reading month and I'll speak to you all very soon!


Happy Reading!!!


xHannahx



No comments:

Post a Comment