Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Screenplay by J.K. Rowling - Review

Thursday 22 December 2016

Hello Book Lovers!!!

I finished the Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Screenplay by J.K. Rowling last night and loved it! It's such a different experience reading a screenplay to reading a novel but I thoroughly enjoyed it.


If you don't know what Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is about, it's about Newt Scamander, a British wizard who goes to America but accidently lets loose magical creatures while there.

He has to go out to collect them all back up before they cause too much damage but what he finds out is that there is also another creature on the loose but nobody knows what it is...and this creature is a whole lot more dangerous than anything that Newt has let loose.

This creature can destroy cities, kill people etc. and so needs to be stopped as quickly as possible. However when Newt sees the destruction this creature is causing, he knows straight away what it is...its an Obscurus...


I don't want to say anything else about the plot as I don't want to spoil it for anyone that hasn't seen the film or read the screenplay yet but it is certainly worth checking them out if you haven't already!

I love so many of the characters in this story and I'm completely obsessed with Newt Scamander. I love how awkward he is and how caring he is towards his creatures. You can see how much he cares about them when his magical case where they all are is taken from him. It breaks my heart the way he reacts during that scene. I also love Jacob and how dippy he is. Because he is a No-Mag (or Muggle), he has no idea what is going on most of the time and just ends up going along with everything anyway. Queenie and Tina are also great characters and well developed. I love reading about these two together as they are so different.

The storyline itself is so magical yet so different to the Harry Potter Series. I adore the Harry Potter Series and so was very wary when going to see the film for the first time. But it really didn't let me down and I went back and seen it for a second time because I loved it so much. Reading it as a screenplay was also so entertaining. The closest to reading something like this would be when reading scripts. However this was in so much more depth as we got to read about the camera angles, edits, set directions, location descriptions, and much much more. I found all of this really interesting and I definitely want to read more screenplays in the future.

Overall I think this story is amazing and it was so nice to be brought back to the Wizarding World. I can't wait for the next film to be released and I'm hoping we can buy the screenplay for that as well. Like I said earlier, if you've not already seen this then I'd definitely go see it. And I recommend you see the film before reading the screenplay as well as I feel you can imagine it a whole lot better that way when reading it.


Rating /5
5


Happy Reading!!!


xHannahx


No comments:

Post a Comment