Readathon - The Selection by Kiera Cass

Friday 31 July 2015

Hello Book Lovers!!!

During the readathon I managed to read 1 book, and a graffic novel, as well as starting another book in the last couple of hours.

The first book I read was The Selection by Kiera Cass. The series was very hyped last year on booktube so I had high expectations. And I wasn't disappointed!!! I loved it!!!


The story revolves around America, a girl who lives as a Five. A Five is not the best kind of community to be in but not the worst either. America and her family find out that the Prince is holding a Selection to choose a girl to marry him so is inviting girls to apply. He then picks 35 girls to live in the palace with him where he will eventually narrow it down to 10 and start The Elite.

But America is already in love with Aspen, a Six. Nobody except America and Aspen know about this and so when America's mum asks her to apply for The Selection, she doesn't know what to do. 

America eventually decides to apply and finds herself being selected for the final 35 to live at the palace. There she meets all of the other girls, most of which she likes, and Prince Maxon, which she soon grows to like. But she is in love with Aspen, so who does she choose and what happens if she gets chosen to be in The Elite?


I'm so glad I chose this book to read during the readathon as I loved every bit of it. It's not just about girls being selected to be the princess, but the palace having to fight against the Northerners and Southerners when they attack. Bringing action into the story gave it a lot more depth. 

I also love the characters within this story, but I can't decided between Prince Maxon or Aspen which I like better. I think as it stands at the minute, I prefer Prince Maxon. Aspen has been a bit annoying and needs to stop confusing America with what he wants.

I definitely recommend this book to YA readers and I can't wait to start the second book in the series, The Elite.


Rating /5
5


xHannahx

No comments:

Post a Comment