Papertowns by John Green - Review

Monday 13 July 2015

Hello Book Lovers!!!

I'm back from LA and it was incredible!!! I read one and a half books while on holiday which isn't as much as I hoped to but I was so busy while there I didn't have all that much time for reading. So the first review I'm posting is Papertowns by John Green. I read this while on the plane to LA and thoroughly enjoyed it :)

This novel is about a boy called Quentin (Q) and a girl called Margo. They have grown up together as they are neighbours and for a long time now Q has had a crush on Margo. Margo on the other hand hasn't shown any more interest than just being friends.

Margo is an interesting character in both how she thinks and acts in certain scenarios. Q is a normal boy that goes to school and has a crush on a girl.

Q and Margo discovered something when they were younger and they both acted very differently to their finding. It is brought back up in the book on a few occasions and by the end, you start to understand why Margo is how she is and how what they found when they were younger has impacted on who she has become.

When Margo disappears suddenly, Q and his friends go on a roadtrip to find her. Not knowing where she is or whether she is dead or alive, the group go out looking for her hoping that she is well.

It was nice to see Margo come out of her shell and show the real her at the end of the story. She has been pretending to be someone she is not and so when she finally showed who she is and let us know what she wanted in her life, I felt I knew who Margo was a lot more.

I can't decide what I think about the ending; I liked it but it wasn't how I expected it to end. It really put into perspective that life can suddenly change quite dramatically whether that be for better or for worse. I just don't know whether the ending was for better or for worse.

I love John Green's writing style and I love how even when he's writing about serious topics, he can still include lots of humour and his characters are always so likeable. I'm really looking forward to reading Looking For Alaska soon.


Rating /5 
4


Let me know in the comments below what you thought of the ending if you've read the book and are you excited for the film? I know I am!!!

That's it for my first review from my holiday reads and I will speak to you all very soon :)


Happy Reading!!!


xHannahx

No comments:

Post a Comment