July 2015 Wrap Up

Friday 31 July 2015
Hello Book Lovers!!!

It's the end of July!!! So that means it's wrap up time again :D I've managed to read 5 books and a graffic novel this month which I'm super happy with as I've had a rather busy month. So lets get on with it!!!

The first book I read was Papertowns by John Green.


I really enjoyed this book and gave it 4* on Goodreads. It follows a boy named Quentin who goes on a car ride to find his friend Margo after she disappears one day leaving him clues to her whereabouts.


The next book I read was Dream a Little Dream by Giovanna Fletcher.


I gave this book 4* on Goodreads. A girl called Sarah works with the worst boss and one day asks for a promotion. She gets to work in the development department of her work but soon finds out the boy she has been dreaming about has also got himself a job working there.


The third book I read was Looking For Alaska by John Green.


I gave this 5* on Goodreads. Absolutely loved it!!! Favourite John Green book so far :) It follows a boy called Miles who goes away to school and meets lots of people while he is there, one being a girl called Alaska. When Alaska runs off after being on the phone to someone, the group can not begin to prepare themselves for what they are about discover.


And the fourth book I read was Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.


I gave this book 4* on Goodreads. It took me a while to get into but once I did I really enjoyed it :)
It follows the Bennett sister in their search for marriage.


The fifth book I read was The Selection by Kiera Kass.


I loved this book so much and gave it 5* on Goodreads. I couldn't get enough of this story but luckily for me there is another three books in the series. This story is about a group of girls that are competing to marry Prince Aspen, but America, one of the girls that has been chosen for the selection, is in love with Aspen, another boy from her neighbourhood.


And the final book I read was the graffic novel titled Fairest Wide Awake by Bill Willingham and Matthew Sturges.


Again I really enjoyed this story. I gave it 4* on Goodreads as I expected Briar Rose (Sleeping Beauty) to be a bit more bad ass than she was. Ali Barber finds himself awaking two girls, Briar Rose, and the Snow Queen through true loves kiss. As well as this the three of them are betrayed and find themselves in trouble when a nasty character from years ago reappears and challenges the Snow Queen to a fight.


I'm really happy with this months reading both in number and quality. There hasn't been one bad book this month and I think this has definitely been one of the better reading months of the year so far. 

Now it's time for the award for Favourite July Read. And the winner is................

The Selection by Kiera Kass!!!


I can't wait to carry on with this series and find out how it ends. I will definitely be reading more of this series in August, if not completing it.


That's it for July and I will speak to you all in August!!!


Happy Reading!!!


xHannahx

No comments:

Post a Comment