The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien - Review

Saturday 8 August 2015

Hello Book Lovers!!!

I've just finished The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien and oh wow, I'm feeling every emotion under the sun right now. This is going to be hard to write as I can't speak or think or just generally function properly right now.

This book is about a hobbit called Bilbo Baggins. He is a happy, peaceful hobbit and is very content with spending his life in and around his little hobbit-hole. When a wizard named Gandalf and a company of dwarves arrive at his house, Bilbo has no idea how crazy his life is about to become.

They embark on a journey to raid the treasure of Smaug the Magnificent, a dragon and on their journey they face elves, trolls, Gollum, spiders, and many more things that make their adventure exciting yet terrifying.

And just when they think they've succeeded, they face a huge battle that could be the end of the road for them.


I can't explain to you how this book made me feel as the list of emotions would go on forever. I didn't realise just how attached I was getting to the characters until a few chapters to the end. And one specific paragraph made me well up. It's the first book this year that's made me cry so that's an achievement and a half Tolkien!!! I obviously won't post the paragraph as it will spoil it for people that haven't read it but if you haven't, you need to!!! If you are interested, it's on page 337 of the edition in the image above. I'll leave you to guess which paragraph!!!

The world in which Tolkien has created and the huge amount of characters and lands within this world are just amazing. It doesn't seem real that a human can have this much imagination. I don't know why it's taken me this long to read this book but I will definitely be reading The Lord of the Rings because I need more of this fantastic world in my life.

I recommend this book to anyone of any age, whether you read 1 book a year or 100 books a year. Give this a read!!! It's one of those books that I think everyone needs to read at some point in their lives. If you want to find a way to get into fantasy, then I definitely recommend this book. I can now say I completely understand why people are so obsessed with this world.


Rating /5
5


Happy Reading!!!


xHannahx

No comments:

Post a Comment