The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks - Review

Thursday 16 April 2015

Hello Book Lovers!!!

I've finished The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks and I actually realised quite early on in the book that I'd read this before and didn't realise, but I still enjoyed it :)

The novel is about a man called Dawson and a woman called Amanda who have known each other since school and while in school were dating. Unfortunately because of Dawson's family background, this pulls the couple apart. 

Years later they find each other at the funeral of a mutual friend but can there love be remade? With Amanda now being married with children, is this possible? 

As well as this element to the novel, Dawson finds himself in trouble with a couple of family members that our out to kill him. And Amanda faces one of the toughest things I think anyone could go through, an accident that puts her son in hospital fighting for his life.


I actually really enjoyed the ending to this book but throughout I found it jumped from one story to the next a little too much. I liked most of the characters but didn't find myself getting too attached to them but by the end, I did start to feel protective over certain characters.

This is a great book if you want an easy read. Also if you want romance, heartbreak, and trauma, this could be the book for you.

Rating /5
3


Happy Reading!!!


xHannahx

No comments:

Post a Comment