Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins - Review

Sunday 26 April 2015

Hello Book Lovers!!!

I finished Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins tonight and oh my wow!!! It was so good!!! If you haven't read this book then I highly recommend you do. I don't want to go into a synopsis of this book as its the second book in the trilogy so for those who haven't read or seen The Hunger Games I don't want to spoil it for you. But I will still let you know my thoughts on it hopefully without spoiling anything.

I have become to love some characters in this book that I didn't necessarily like too much in the first book. For example, Haymitch and Effie. If you've read the books or seen the films then you'll know who I'm talking about. I also have come to hate some characters that I didn't really know that much about in the first book such as President Snow. He is awful and I hope he gets what's coming to him. 

As for the story of this book, I actually liked this one even more than the first one. It kept be hooked throughout and I never wanted to put the book down. When I watched the film I felt the same emotions I did when reading the book. The film adaptation for both The Hunger Games and Catching Fire are fantastic. 

Something also happens to one of my favourite characters in this book which breaks my heart!!! It made me so angry that it happened to this specific character; I just can't come to terms with it. I'm also hating the Capitol more and more.

The ending again made me want to pick up the final book in the trilogy straight away and I can't wait to get my nose stuck into that one. It's a fantastic trilogy and I highly recommend it. Suzanne Collins' writing is fantastic and will keep you engaged throughout. 

This book just gave me all the emotions. If you've not read this trilogy pick it up and read it!!!


Rating /5
5


Happy Reading!!!


xHannahx

No comments:

Post a Comment