To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han - Review

Monday 11 April 2016

Hello Book Lovers!!!

I've finished To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I flew through this book and I'm glad I picked it up when I did.


This is about a girl called Lara Jean who writes love letters to all of the boys she's ever loved. These are for her to read only but one day all of these letters get sent out and she has no idea how.

One of the boys that receives a letter is no other than her big sister's ex boyfriend Josh who is not only her big sister's ex boyfriend, but also her next door neighbour and family friend. This makes it awkward for Josh and Lara to begin with but as time passes this becomes a little easier...until Josh tells Lara about a secret he has kept for years.

Another boy that receives a letter is Peter Kavinsky, the 'popular' boy at school that all the girls swoon over. This leaves Lara mortified at school but when Peter and his girlfriend Genevieve split up, Peter comes to Lara for help. The two start a 'fake' relationship to make Genevieve jealous but soon enough this plan spirals out of control.

The one person Lara always relies on helping her is her big sister Margot (Josh's ex girlfriend), but Margot is in Scotland at university and the situation Lara has ended up in seems a little to complicated to talk to her sister about.

But how did these letters get sent out and what happens when Lara Jean's love life soon becomes a lot more complicated?


I really enjoyed this storyline and the characters. I thought the character development was fantastic for Peter, and although he comes across as quite cocky and arrogant, I couldn't help but like him. I also loved Lara's little sister Kitty as you could really see her innocence through Jenny Han's writing and because of that you could see the age difference between the sisters really well.

The plot was gripping to read about but also so humorous and a bit of an emotional rollercoaster. I was never bored and I flew through this book just like I thought I would. The only issue I sometimes had was Lara Jean could be really immature at times and I found myself thinking 'just grow up!!!'. However this didn't stop me from liking her, I just didn't love her that's all.

The development of the story was perfectly timed. None of it seemed rushed and the relationship aspects were at a steady pace and didn't seem fake at all (even though there was a fake relationship throughout). It's difficult to explain but you'll just have to read it!!!


Rating /5
4


Happy Reading!!!


xHannahx 

No comments:

Post a Comment