Girl Online On Tour by Zoe Sugg - Review

Sunday 3 April 2016

Hello Book Lovers!!!

At the end of March I finished Girl Online On Tour by Zoe Sugg (aka Zoella). I haven't had the chance to upload a review until now as I've been so busy but better late than never!!!


In Girl Online On Tour we see Penny and Noah starting another chapter of their relationship. Noah is a musician and is on tour and this time round Penny is joining him. This is something that is completely out of Penny's comfort zone as she suffers with anxiety so big crowds and concerts are not something she finds easy.

On the tour Penny begins to miss home and her family and friends. She still stays in contact with all of them throughout the tour but finds it difficult that she can't see them in person. And to make it even more difficult, Noah keeps promising her that they will have at least one day to themselves where he will take her to see all of the sites in each of the locations he is touring, but keeps cancelling last minute for meetings and time with his friends.

Eventually Penny gets sick of Noah's behaviour and they argue. Finally Penny decides to leave and go back home and not speak to Noah. When they finally get back in touch Penny decides to go see him on his tour and talk things out with him.

As well as Penny's story however, there is also Elliot, Penny's best friend from home. He has recently split up from his boyfriend and can't deal with the reality of it all. When Penny meets up with Alex, Elliot's ex boyfriend, Penny decides to help Alex patch things back up with Elliot and the two come up with a beautiful idea about how to do just that.


Overall I found this book really enjoyable and I loved reading more about these characters. I still love Elliot just as much as I did in the first book, if not more. I find him such a lovely character to read about and someone I would wish to be my friend if he was real.

Although the storyline was cute, some of it was a little predictable and so the surprise elements weren't there within the story. I also found some of the story quite cheesy but as it's aimed at younger readers I expected that.

However I found that the story was a nice quick read and something I would recommend to younger readers or people that just like a cutesy quick read.

I really loved the reunion between Elliot and Noah as it was so sweet and I created a beautiful image of the scenery in my head. The writing wasn't the most amazing I've read however it was definitely enjoyable and I'm glad I carried on to this book finally.


Rating /5
4


Happy Reading!!!


xHannahx

No comments:

Post a Comment