October 2015 Wrap Up

Sunday 1 November 2015
Hello Book Lovers!!!

It's time for my October Wrap Up and although I've only read 4 books this month, one of them was huge and what I have read has been great overall :)

So lets get started!!!

The first book I read in the month of October was: 

An Abundance of Katherine's by John Green.


In this story we are introduced to Colin Singleton and throughout the book he is trying to create a theory in why he has been dumped by 19 Katherines. This book wasn't one of my favourite John Green books as I didn't think the storyline was that strong, but I did still enjoy it and gave it 3* on Goodreads.


The next book I read was:

The Distant Hours by Kate Morton.


This book is about a girl called Evie that doesn't exactly see eye to eye with her mother all the time, When a letter is delivered to her mother one day, Evie starts to wonder whether her mother is hiding something from her and she wants to find out what. This leads her to Middlehurst Castle, home of the Sister's Blythe; 1 set of twins and a little sister. I really enjoyed this book and felt really attached to some of the characters. The way in which the locations were written was beautiful and I thought the ending was very powerful. I gave this book 5* on Goodreads.


The next book I read in the month of October was:

Six Years by Harlen Coben.


This book tells the story of a guy called Jake that made a promise to his ex girlfriend Natalie on her wedding day. This promise was to stay away from her and her partner and leave them be. But six years on when Jake discovers Natalie's partner has been murdered, he decides six years is enough and tries to find her. He goes to the funeral expecting to see Natalie but the widow there turns out to be someone he doesn't know. Again I really enjoyed this book as it kept me on edge the whole way through. The violent scenes were very well written and I felt like I was actually there with the characters a lot of the time. I gave this book 4* on Goodreads.


And the final book I read this month was:

The Isle of the Lost by Melissa De La Cruz.


This book is based off the T.V series on Disney Channel, The Descendants. We follow the villains and their children after they have been banished to The Isle of the Lost. Their mission is to find the Dragon's Eye, their only escape from the island. I really enjoyed this book and I think it is great for all ages. It is a fun book to read and the characters all have very unique personalities. I gave this book 4* on Goodreads.


So that is it for my October Wrap Up and it is now time to find out which one of those books got the award for my Favourite October Read. And the winner is.....

The Distant Hours by Kate Morton!!!


It was great to get back into Kate Morton's writing after so many years and I'm excited to read more of her novels in the future.


I hope you've all had a successful reading month this October. Feel free to leave what you have read in the comments below and if you have any recommendations then by all means leave those in the comments as well.


Speak to you all in November!!!


Happy Reading!!!


xHannahx


No comments:

Post a Comment