Winnie the Pooh: The Complete Collection of Stories and Poems by A.A.Milne - Review

Sunday 22 November 2015

Hello Book Lovers!!!

I've finished Winnie the Pooh: The Complete Collection of Stories and Poems by A.A.Milne and it was just so lovely :) I haven't read any Winnie the Pooh stories or poems in such a long time so it was nice to recapture A.A.Milne's work again.

Throughout the book we go on different adventures with Winnie the Pooh and his friends. We see Eeyore lose his tail, we see Christopher Robin lead an 'expotition' to the North Pole, and we see Piglet completely surrounded by water when the rain floods the forest.

We also get introduced to Tigger in the second section of the book and his friends try to make him calm down by losing his bounce. We also see Piglet nearly meet a Heffalump, and of course we read about Pooh's game he has created and is still loved my many today, Poohsticks.

The third section of this book is all of the poems A.A.Milne has written and I don't think I've read many of his poems before so this was a new experience for me. I also don't read much poetry in general but I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed reading through them all. Some of the poems were aimed at younger readers and some adults could enjoy just as much.


That brings me onto my first point about why I love A.A.Milne's writing style so much. He writes children's literature but adults could read it and enjoy it just as much as the children, maybe even more. He has a way with words which makes his writing not only enjoyable but so funny at times as well. I also find his writing interactive at times. It almost felt like you were in the stories with the characters experiencing everything they were going through.

I love all of the characters in The Hundred Acre Wood. Piglet has always been my favourite though and stays my favourite but I love how silly Pooh is and how excitable Tigger is and how stubborn Rabbit is. They all have such contrasting personalities that have all be developed so well in the stories and although their personalities are all so different, they may have one or two disagreements at times, but they stay such good friends throughout.

I think this is a great book to teach children just how important friendship could be and how if you are feeling down at all, your friends will be there to help you through the hard times.

Another element of this book which is just stunning is E.H. Shepard's illustrations. They are just fantastic and so traditional. I loved looking at all the pictures as I was reading and I loved how they all brought the stories to life even more.

As the stories are all nice and short, they would be great stories to read to your child before bed so any of you who have children I definitely recommend this to you. But I also recommend this for all of you like me who love The Hundred Acre Wood and Winnie the Pooh and his friends. A.A.Milne's stories and characters will never get old and they will still be with us in years to come.


Rating /5
4

(If I was a child it would be a 5 but as I'm meant to be a grown up now, I thought I would rate it from a grown ups point of view)


Happy Reading!!!


xHannahx

No comments:

Post a Comment