The One by Kiera Cass - Review

Monday 17 August 2015

Hello Book Lovers!!!

Clearly I've got way too into this series as I completely forgot to tell you that I was reading The One by Kiera Cass. Sorry about that!!! But yes, that's what I've been reading and I've finished it meaning I've finished The Selection Series!!! But it doesn't end there as Kiera Cass has written the first book in the sequel series so guess what I'm reading next? ;)

As this is the final book in the Selection Series, then there will be spoilers for those who haven't read The Selection or The Elite but if you want to check out those reviews then click here for The Selection review and here for The Elite review :)


In this book we see America and the final girls competing against each other to win Prince Maxon's heart. As you would expect, there is a lot of conflict between the girls and when they decide to be honest with each other and tell each other what Maxon has done for each of them, some jealousy comes to the surface.

As well as this, the public are voting on who they want to be the Queen and when Celeste finds out America and Kriss are top of the leaderboard, she gets annoyed. America notices Celeste's behaviour and although America really doesn't like her, she goes to see what the matter is, soon finding out about the public polls. During their conversation, America tries to tell Celeste that she doesn't need Maxon to have a fantastic life, she is a Two afterall and soon Celeste opens up about why she behaves in the way she does. Because of this, Celeste and America begin to be nicer to each other and start a friendship.

The war between the Northerners, Southerners, and the palace are still underway causing the girls to have to keep being taken to the safe rooms when they invade. The war is getting worse and more and more people are losing their lives, including guards and families from some of the castes.

And as the girls get narrowed down again to two, can Maxon make up his mind about who he wants as his wife?


I loved this book just liked I loved the previous two. With Celeste opening up about why she behaves like she does, I began to like her a lot more and previously I couldn't stand the girl. I also really enjoyed reading about the invasions as it got even more tense and I felt myself getting emotional at times.

I also really enjoyed the ending although it was heartbreaking to start with as some of the main characters ended up losing their lives. One of which was one of my favourite characters so I'm upset about that.

I think overall the story was concluded amazingly and I couldn't have asked for a better ending. SPOILER ALERT: When Aspen walked America down the aisle for her wedding with Maxon, I nearly cried. It was so beautiful to know that even though they will never be together, they will always have a strong friendship and will always look out for each other.


Rating /5
5


Happy Reading!!!


xHannahx

No comments:

Post a Comment