August 2015 Wrap Up

Monday 31 August 2015
Hello Book Lovers!!!

It's Wrap Up time!!! I had an amazing reading month this month mostly so I can't wait to share what I've been reading and what I thought of them all :) Just like all wrap up's I will also be letting you know what my favourite read of the month was this month at the end of this post :)

So lets get started!!!


The first book I read this month was The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien


Wow, this book deserves all the hype it gets. I loved it. Following Bilbo's journey with the dwarves to claim the treasure that Smaug the dragon was guarding, and reading about all of their troubles on the way was just incredible. Tolkien is definitely an amazing writer and I will definitely be reading The Lord of the Rings series. I gave The Hobbit 5* on Goodreads.


The next book I read was a graffic novel. It was Fairest: The Hidden Kingdom by Bill Willingham and Lauren Beukes.


This is the 2nd volume in the Fairest Series and I wasn't disappointed :) We follow Rapunzel in her journey to find her children and during her journey, having to reface parts of her life she would rather forget. I wouldn't recommend this to younger readers however as some of the content isn't suitable. I gave this 5* on Goodreads.


The 3rd book I read this month was The Elite by Kiera Cass.


This is the second book in the Selection Series and as I loved the first book I had high expectations for this one. And I wasn't disappointed. I absolutely loved it!!! I loved reading about all the characters and learning more about them all. As well as that, the invasion scenes are fantastically written and kept me intrigued the whole way through :) I gave this 5* on Goodreads :)


And the fourth book I read this month was The One by Kiera Cass


This is the final book in the Selection Series and it was concluded so well!!! With both the invasions on the castle and Prince Maxon still needing to choose his bride, you just wanted to find out more and more constantly. I was so happy with how it ended and the wedding at the end was just perfect :) I also gave this book 5* on Goodreads :)


The next book I read was The Heir by Kiera Cass


This is the first book in the sequel series to the Selection Series. As I enjoyed the Selection Series so much I thought I would give this series as read. The other books to this series aren't out yet but I will be picking them up when they are :) Although I still thoroughly enjoyed this story, I don't think I enjoyed it as much as the previous books and that is because I really didn't like Eadlyn, the princess that was running the Selection. Other than that though I still really enjoyed the story and I'm excited for the next book to be released :) I gave this 4* on Goodreads :)


And the final book I read this month was Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn


This book has been so hyped and therefore I went into it with fairly high expectations. Unfortunately it didn't reach my expectations. I liked the book layout, how it changed between Nick and Amy's perspectives, but I felt it was dragged out way to long and that the book could have been half the size. I only gave this book 3* on Goodreads.



So there are all the books I've read this month. I think overall I've had an amazing reading month and because of that, it's making my next decision for my Favourite August Read very difficult. But I think I've decided.

And the award for Favourite August Read goes to.....

The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien!!!


You just can't fault Tolkien's work and although I've loved a lot of books this month, this is the one that gave me the biggest book hangover I think I've had all year.


So that's it for August!!! All of my reviews of the above books are also posted on this blog so you can find them down the right hand side :)


Let me know in the comments what you've been reading this month and I'll speak to you all in September!!!


xHannahx



No comments:

Post a Comment