The Elite by Kiera Cass - Review

Thursday 13 August 2015

Hello Book Lovers!!!

I've finished The Elite by Kiera Cass and absolutely loved it!!! I enjoyed it just as much as the first book, The Selection and I can't wait to carry on with this series. Because this is the second book in a series, this overview will have spoilers in for those of you who haven't read the first book, so if you haven't and you don't want to be spoilt, then go read the first book then come back here :) If you want to check out my review on the first book then click here :)


This part of the series sees America and 5 other girls try to win Prince Maxon's heart. Prince Maxon narrowed the girls down to six in the previous book and so now the story focusses specifically on these six girls. 

As well as this, America also has the difficulty of choosing whether to stay at the palace for Prince Maxon, or leave for Aspen, a boy who she met at home. 

The wars continue with the Northeners and Southerners but this time, a lot of the palace guards end up dead leaving America panicking for Aspen's safety. Not only that, but they also find out that they have started targeting the families of the Selection. Later on, America thinks she has worked out why they keep invading the palace after she puts together everything she has observed during the attacks.

During this book, America gets herself into a lot of trouble with the King after she tries to change how the country is ran by suggesting eliminating the castes, the categories the public are separated into. Not only does America get into trouble, but Maxon does too when he tries to stand up for her. And Maxon comes off worse, much worse.

The King wants America gone but Maxon won't stand for that as he knows that its America he wants, and eventually the King allows her to stay, but gives her a lot of hatred telling her she's not good enough to help run a country and all of the other girls are prettier and more suitable for Maxon than she is.

This leaves America not only upset, but terribly angry. What will she do next, and how long will it be before the King tries to get rid of her again?


Like I said above, I absolutely loved this book just as much as the first one. I loved how the plot developed and how we got to know a lot more about the other girls in this book because of there only being six of them left.

The war scenes are always so intriguing yet nerve racking as you are constantly thinking of who is getting hurt, or worse killed, and whether one of your favourite characters is going to make it through the invasions.

I definitely feel I've got more attached to some of the characters but I also feel like I'm developing hate for some of them as well. I didn't like Maxon at points in this book at all but once he explained his actions later on in the story, I started to understand his actions a little more, although I still don't agree with some of them. I can't stand Celeste; I think she is the worst character in the whole story but I think her character has been written and developed very well.

I definitely think America isn't being fair on either Aspen or Maxon and I think that she should have decided by now who she wants, as it's not fair letting both of them chase her.

And lastly, I'm loving the maids more and more every time I read a section they are in. They just make me smile and remind me of the fairies from Sleeping Beauty :)


Rating /5
5


If you've read The Selection or The Elite then let me know in the comments below what you thought of them as I would love to hear other people's opinions on this series.


Speak to you all soon!!!



Happy Reading!!!



xHannahx

No comments:

Post a Comment