Shotgun Lovesongs by Nickolas Butler - Review

Monday 11 May 2015

Hello Book Lovers!!!

I've just finished Shotgun Lovesongs by Nickolas Butler and I really enjoyed it. It was possibly the most beautifully written book I've ever read. 

This novel is about 4 boys who have been best friends since childhood. Henry, Lee, Ronny and Kip. They have grown up together but as they get further into adulthood they realise that their paths are going to take them in separate directions. Family and relationships mean the boys are unable to see each other as much as they're used to and a secret from the past is revealed which has a huge impact on the friendship between Lee and Henry. 

Each of the boys share their own stories throughout the book and the chapters are split up into each of the character's perspectives. We also get to hear from the perspective of Beth, Henry's wife throughout the book. 

Although this book was beautifully written, I would have liked to have learnt more about some of the characters as I don't feel like I know that much about some of them and I couldn't get attached to them. One of the characters I did really get attached to though was Ronny. He's such a good, down to earth guy and you could tell how much he treasures the friendship he has with Henry, Kip and Lee.

I would recommend this book, possibly not to younger readers, I would say nobody under the age of 16 as there is some adult content in there. If you are 16 or over though I would definitely recommend this book if you don't just analyse the narrative, but the writing style as well. 


Rating /5
4


Happy Reading!!!


xHannahx

No comments:

Post a Comment