Some Kind of Wonderful by Giovanna Fletcher - Review

Thursday 10 May 2018

Hello Book Lovers!!!

I've just finished Some Kind of Wonderful by Giovanna Fletcher and really enjoyed it. I think it is a perfect book to read in the Spring/Summer time so I'm really glad I read it when I did.


This is about a lady called Lizzy who has been with her partner Ian for 10 years. Because of this, her friends and family are expecting Ian to pop the question within the year. And a perfect time to do it would be when the couple go on holiday to Dubai! Lizzy Can't help but get her hopes up that Ian will finally ask her to marry him, but instead of this perfect romantic moment for the couple, Lizzy is left alone without a ring and flies back home as a single woman.

After Lizzy has got through the initial hardships of the break up, she begins to wonder who she would have been if she never had met Ian in the first place so goes out to discover who she is and who she could become now Ian isn't in the picture.


This is a really engaging read and also very real in the sense that these kinds of things happen all the time. I think it gives a great message that you don't need to be with someone to live a perfectly happy life. You can have the happiest life even if you're single.

I loved how strong Lizzy became in this story and she is a great inspiration for anyone who is going through or has gone through a break up. It was great to go along with her on her journey of discovering who she is and see her development through the story.

I also really loved the family and friends element to this story. You could tell the different dynamics between a family member or a friend and the funny quirks of these personalities really shone through. It gave the story a funny entertaining element and I think when the story is about something so real, you need to have that balance of serious and entertaining and I think Giovanna wrote that very well.

The writing style was so easy to follow just like in her other books and I definitely got attached to characters in this story just like I have done in her other works. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone and especially if you are going through or have gone through a break up and you feel you need a bit of a guide towards growing into a 'strong independent woman/man!'.


Rating /5
4


Happy Reading!!!


xHannahx



No comments:

Post a Comment