A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas - Review

Thursday 17 August 2017

Hello Book Lovers!!!

I've finally finished A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas after what feels like a lifetime! I did enjoy this book but I found it hard work to get through at the same time. This is the second book in the A Court of Thorns and Roses series so if you don't want to be spoilt stop reading now!


In A Court of Mist and Fury we are introduced back into the story 3 months after the events that happened in A Court of Thorns and Roses. Feyre is in the Spring Court with Tamlin and they are engaged to be married. However when Tamlin begins leaving Feyre out of the loop and is telling her she has to stay hidden to ensure she is safe, Feyre wonders how all of this is ever going to work and realises that the mating bond still hasn't formed between the two of them.

On the day of the wedding Feyre decides she is way too ill to make any life-changing decisions and pleas in her head for someone to come and get her out of the situation she is in. This is when Rhysand shows up and whisks her away to the Night Court but Tamlin doesn't try to stop him.

While in the Night Court Feyre is informed that there is a war coming that will separate the Fae world from the Mortal world. Rhysand also wants Feyre to try to get Tamlin to fight in the Night Court and realises that Feyre actually might have a lot more power than she is aware of.


That's all I'm going to say about the synopsis as I don't want to give too much away but like I said before, I enjoyed reading this book and it was definitely action packed but I found that it was a difficult book to get through.

I had to keep looking back at the summaries online to make sure I'd understood things when I read them and that slowed down my reading process. I also found that there were so many more characters to learn about and keep up with in this story which proved to be challenging.

However I did still really like reading about some of the characters such as Feyre and Rhysand. I think they were really strong characters and had so much depth to them. I also felt myself getting attached to these two characters even more in this book whereas the other characters I didn't feel too much about.

The descriptive writing once again was great in this part of the series and so picturing locations was again quite easy. I just found the storyline to be a lot to take on and unfortunately that did hinder my enjoyment of the story a little bit.

Overall I would recommend this to readers who love high fantasy and are slightly older as there are some topics in this that aren't suitable to younger readers. It was a good read, just a little bit too much hard work for my liking.


Rating /5
3


Happy Reading!!!


xHannahx


No comments:

Post a Comment