The Scorch Trials by James Dashner - Review

Monday 21 September 2015

Hello Book Lovers!!!

I've finished the second book in The Maze Runner Series by James Dashner, The Scorch Trials. I really enjoyed this book and I think the film is going to be fantastic so I can't wait to see that. If you haven't read The Scorch Trials or seen the film adaptation, if you don't want to be spoiled then click here to read my review on The Maze Runner, the first book in the series.

In The Scorch Trials we see the remaining characters try to survive in another world containing very little at all. The earth has become a wasteland and people have caught an infection known as the Flare that will eventually kill.

The characters face another trial where they have to cross the Scorch, facing creatures they have to fight off and another group of people that have faced the same events as themselves, but instead, they are all girls except one boy.

The characters set out to reach 'The Safe Place' so they can eventually find the cure to the Flare but of course face lots of obstacles on their way.


I really enjoyed this book like I said above but I didn't think it was as fast paced as the first book as I don't think it had as solid a storyline. Putting that aside, I did become even more attached to some of the characters and my opinions changed on some of the characters repeatedly throughout this book.

I also really enjoyed the descriptive writing as I felt I could really picture the locations clearly and that helped me understand the plot and not get lost at any point.

I definitely believe the film adaptation will be fantastic so I have high expectations for that. I really enjoyed the film adaptation to The Maze Runner as well so I'm looking forward to seeing The Scorch Trials.

As always, if you've read this book then let me know in the comments what you thought of it as I would love to hear your opinions on it :)


Rating /5
4


Happy Reading!!!


xHannahx

No comments:

Post a Comment