Roald Dahl - Short Story Collections

Sunday 27 September 2015

Hello Book Lovers!!!

In this post I would like to talk to you about what McDonalds' are now providing with their happy meals. I'm not being paid to say any of this and I've not been asked to talk about it, but I found it so fantastic what they are currently doing.

The National Literacy Trust have partnered up with McDonalds' to encourage more young people to read. It is very noticeable now that not enough young people are reading as technology is now a main element in most people's everyday lives and books have now taken a bit of a back seat for the younger generation.

In the edition in the image above, the book tells two short stories based on Roald Dahl's The BFG, and The Giraffe and the Pelly and Me. Both of these are well known Roald Dahl stories and so to give them to children in their happy meals will hopefully encourage them to read more. There are also other editions which the children can collect in their happy meals (I'm not encouraging unhealthy eating!!!), but I think this has to be one of the best things McDonalds have done in a very long time. 

As I'm a huge reader, I did of course read most of the Roald Dahl books when I was younger and they are just fantastic!!! I definitely think that Roald Dahl was a huge part of my reading when I was younger but his stories are still so memorable today.

If you have young children or you are just a big child yourself just like me, then why not pick up a happy meal every now and again and start collecting these short stories. Maybe more young people will be encouraged to read more and technology can for once take a back seat.

Now there are other ways to read books, not just in physical form, I just prefer physical form as I like reading traditionally. But for those of you and those with children who are crazy about technology, then there are also audiobooks and kindles (I don't particularly like either and would probably never buy a kindle) but they are great to encourage more people to read. They store thousands of books for all ages and the books on them are much cheaper than buying physical books (I don't like technology but I can still see the positives to it).

I hope that this post has encouraged some of you to help the younger generation especially to read more and if you have any thoughts on this, then feel free to leave them in the comments below.


Happy Reading!!!


xHannahx

No comments:

Post a Comment