The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks - Review

Friday 6 March 2015

Hello Book Lovers!!!

I finished The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks last night and wow that man knows how to write a good ending!!! The only thing that did really annoy me was a sort of spoiler very early on. All I would say is don't read the synopsis before reading the book. The synopsis doesn't actually give anything away but it turns into a spoiler very early on in the book. I'll write for you an overview spoiler free so you won't have the same experience as me if you haven't read it and you would like to.

This novel is about a guy called Logan Thibault who is a marine. He is currently based in Iraq and while there he discovers a photograph buried in the dirt of a woman. He tries to find who the photograph belongs to but after nobody claims it he decides to keep hold of it.

While fighting in Iraq he has many near death experiences but always manages to survive which makes his friend Victor suspect the photograph is his lucky charm. He tells Logan to find the woman in the photograph as he believes that he owes this woman for being a part of his lucky charm.

Logan walks across the country to find this woman and when he does. they start the become friends. He starts working for the woman's Nana and he and the woman's son create a strong friendship.

But Logan can't bring himself to tell the woman the real reason why he came to Hampton in the first place and this eventually could be the road to destroying everything they have developed.

I wasn't too sure about the story to start with and it took me a little longer than usual to get into, but when I did I really enjoyed it. And the ending was fantastic. It was written incredibly. I think the very end could have been made more dramatic if a certain something hadn't have happened though, although I do like the ending that was written as well.

Rating /5
4

Like I said in my previous post, this is the only Nicholas Sparks book I hadn't read that had also been turned into a film so of course I watched the film as well. I enjoyed the film but not as much as the book. Naturally it left out a lot of the things I liked about the book like the relationship the son and Logan's dog had, and the ending was slightly different and I definitely preferred the ending of the book. 

Other than that I did enjoy the film and I would recommend it, but I would advise you to read the book beforehand :)

Film Rating /5
3

Happy Reading!!!

xHannahx

No comments:

Post a Comment