The Witches by Roald Dahl - Review

Thursday 21 September 2017

Hello Book Lovers!!!

I've just finished The Witches by Roald Dahl which I think is going to be my last Roald Dahl book for this month but I really enjoyed it and will be watching the film again tonight!


If you don't know what The Witches is about, its about a little boy who lives with his grandma and comes face to face with a witch. After the boy's grandma finds out about this she moves him back to England from Norway where they currently live.

There they stay in a hotel and while there, the boy finds himself hiding in a meeting room full of women. He listens in to the meeting and soon finds out that these women are actually witches and are creating a plan to get rid of all the children in the world!

So the boy decides to find out all the information about their plan and hijack the whole situation!


I loved this book once again and the characters are all so great. I love the little boy (who is unnamed) and I love Bruno the other little boy in the hotel as he is hilarious and doesn't really care about anything apart from eating.

I also loved the witches and especially their transformation from looking like normal women to hags. We really got to see how they acted in the meeting room and how nasty however also pretty stupid they all were.

I also really loved grandma as she was such a lovely character and so understanding. She really didn't have a bad bone in her body and I loved that she wanted to help her grandson defeat the witches once and for all.

I think the story itself is really entertaining and will keep you guessing and I think Roald Dahl has once again written in such a way that keeps you engaged throughout. I think that his writing in this story is perfect again for all aged readers as the younger readers can be kept highly engaged and the older readers as well as that can also be entertained and be made to laugh with some of his jokey writing styles.

Overall I would definitely recommend this just like I have with all of the other Roald Dahl books I've recently reread and I can't wait to carry on with the rest of my Roald Dahl Collection!


Rating /5
4


Happy Reading!!!


xHannahx



No comments:

Post a Comment