The Twits by Roald Dahl - Review

Monday 18 September 2017

Hello Book Lovers!!!

I'm on a role with making my way through my Roald Dahl collection this month and so the latest book I've read is The Twits! I remember this being one of my favourite Roald Dahl books from when I was younger and I can see why still!


This is about Mr and Mrs Twit. Even though they live together they can't stand each other and like to prank each other in the most funniest yet awful ways. For example Mrs Twit puts her glass eye in Mr Twit's drink and so when Mr Twit has reached the bottom of the cup he gets the surprise of an eye staring back at him from the bottom of the cup.

So in this story we follow the two of them pranking each other but as well as that we also meet the Muggle-Wump monkeys. They are a family of four monkeys that live outside of Mr and Mrs Twit's house. The Twit's are horrible to the monkeys and make them stand on their heads as much as possible because Mr Twit wants to create the first ever upside circus.

The Muggle-Wump monkeys however want to escape and get their own back on the Twits so they come up with a plan that will turn the Twit's world upside...literally!


I loved revisiting this story and these characters and I think the Twits are definitely one of my favourite character pairs to read about in Roald Dahl's books. They are awful people yet absolutely hilarious and so so stupid you can't help but laugh at the decisions they make.

I also love the Muggle-Wump monkeys and how devious they are. The Twits don't think the monkeys can understand them but in actual fact the monkeys know exactly what they are saying and that's how they know where to start with their plan in getting their own back.

The pranks the Twits play on each other are so inventive and hilarious; Roald Dahl has done an amazing job in coming up with a funny storyline that can entertain not only younger readers but older readers as well.

I think this book is still probably one of my favourite stories of Roald Dahl's but I do think I probably enjoyed it even more when I was younger. However I do stick with what I said before in that I loved revisiting this story again and I do think you can get a laugh out of it whatever age you are.


Rating /5
4


Happy Reading!!!


xHannahx



No comments:

Post a Comment