A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas - Review

Sunday 23 July 2017


Hello Book Lovers!!!

I've just finished rereading A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas and I really enjoyed it once again. I decided to reread this book as I wanted to finally carry on with the rest of the series and wanted to refresh my memory on what happened in this first book.


If you don't know what this book is about, it's about Feyre who is a huntress and she kills a wolf while hunting not realising this wolf is actually from the Fae Lands. Because she has killed a faerie it means she has just lost herself her freedom. She has to make the decision on whether to spend her life in the Fae Lands or be killed instantly.

She decides to go to the Fae Lands where she is allowed to roam freely, just not allowed to leave at any point. As she discovers more about this place and the faeries there she also begins to gain feelings for her captor Tamlin.

Little does she know, Tamlin has a huge secret of his own. He has had a curse put upon him and the only way to break the curse is to get a human girl to fall in love with him, and not only that, but this girl hasn't to care about killing faeries.


I really enjoyed rereading this story and I loved quite a few of the characters, some of which you're not really meant to like.

I really began to love Tamlin quite quickly as I found him mysterious and witty and I love those traits in a character! I also really liked Feyre as I found her to be such a determined character with so much fire to her and I think she really represented a strong female protagonist very well.

Another character I loved was Rhysand. I found him so quirky and he made me laugh a lot and even though he wasn't exactly a character you were meant to like, I couldn't help but love him.

Amarantha, even though she is such a horrible character, I completely loved! I loved just how evil and manipulating she was and she is probably one of the most evil characters I've come across. I would love to see a full backstory on Amarantha to really get into the head of this horrible character!

The settings in this story were very easy to picture as Sarah J. Maas' writing is so descriptive and beautifully written. I never felt lost when reading about the locations and that helped me in my enjoyment of the story.

This story is really action packed and full of twists and turns and I think it is a really well written retelling of Beauty and the Beast.

Overall I think this is a strong beginning to the series and I can't wait to continue on with this story and these characters.


Rating /5
4


Happy Reading!!!


xHannahx



No comments:

Post a Comment