Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon - Review

Friday 7 July 2017

Hello Book Lovers!!!

The final book I managed to read in June was Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon. I really enjoyed this book but did have a couple of issues with it.


If you don't know what this book is about, it's about a girl called Maddy who has an illness which involves her being allergic to everything. Her immune system is a lot weaker than an average person's immune system and so she can get very ill very quickly. This means that Maddy has to live in seclusion with her mum in their house and everything in the house needs to be spotless so she doesn't pick up any unhealthy bacteria off anything.

But one day a boy called Olly moves in next door and they start noticing each other through the windows of their houses and when Olly is in his garden. The two begin to send each other emails and soon enough Olly finds out about Maddy's illness. But he really wants to meet her in person and so he ends up going round to their house in secret without Maddy's mum finding out.


I really don't want to say too much about this book as it would be easy to spoil it but like I said before I really enjoyed it but I did have a couple of issues.

I loved the concept of this story and most of the characters and their developments, however I did predict what was going to happen which I hate being right about! It doesn't happen very often but when it does it really annoys me.

I also loved the development between Olly and Maddy and how they became support systems for one another. I also loved Maddy's nurse who was with her most of the time as she had such a sweet, caring personality and you just couldn't dislike her!

Mixed media was an element to this book that I thoroughly enjoyed and it made the story such a quick read which is what I felt I needed at the time. The story is told through different formats including emails and doctors notes and it was really lovely to see all of these being used in such an effective way.

I was highly invested in this story and I never felt myself getting bored and I definitely want to pick up The Sun is Also a Star, Nicola Yoon's other YA story.


Rating /5
4


Happy Reading!!!


xHannahx



No comments:

Post a Comment