Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling - Review

Thursday 29 June 2017


Hello Book Lovers!!!

I've finally finished Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling and loved it once again. This has always been my favourite book in the series as well as my favourite film so I couldn't wait to revisit this story.

There will be spoilers as its the 4th book so there's your warning!


So like I have just said, this is the 4th book in the series and during this book we go back to Hogwarts with Harry where once again he joins his friends Ron and Hermione. However this year there is something very special about to take place. The Triwizard Tournament!

This tournament will test 3 student's strengths and weaknesses in 3 very dangerous tasks. But there is a rule. If a student would like to enter their name into the tournament they must be over the age of 17. This means that Harry, Ron and Hermione will not be able to take part.

However when the results of who the 3 champions will be is revealed, Harry finds himself facing the tournament without any choice in the matter...and he certainly didn't enter his name into the tournament. He's underage after all.

Hogwarts is not the only school that will be taking part in this tournament however and for Harry's 4th year, the boys from Durmstrang and the girls from Beauxbatons will be joining them. One champion is chosen from each to school to represent their schools.

As well as the Triwizard Tournament, Hogwarts will also be hosting a Yule Ball, which most of the girls are incredibly excited about, however most of the boys aren't too keen. And Harry and Ron are dreading having to ask a girl to go to the Yule Ball with them.


I love this part of the series and I'm so glad I have eventually revisited it. The Triwizard Tournament is one of my favourite elements to the whole series and I love how it brings three schools together and we aren't just focusing on Hogwarts (even though I adore Hogwarts!).

I love the intense atmosphere the tournament brings and you can feel the emotions everyone is feeling to whole ordeal, especially Harry as he has had no choice in whether he was to take part in the tournament or not. I loved how the champions had to solve clues in order to know what each task would entail and I loved how Cedric and Harry helped each other out with these clues even though they were competing against each other.

The Yule Ball is another event of the series I always look forward to. It is such a beautiful element to the story and it feels like a special treat for all of the students. I love Hermione during these scenes and even though herself and Ron end up having an argument, I can't help but find it highly amusing to read about.

And finally I love how Sirius played a part in this story even though he wasn't present most of the way through. You always knew he was there supporting Harry and doing everything he could to keep Harry from harm. I've recently gained a soft spot for Sirius and now I'm becoming slightly obsessed!

Overall I think this is still my favourite book in the series but I'll have to reread the final three books to see what I make of them!


Rating /5
5


Happy Reading!!!


xHannahx



No comments:

Post a Comment